If you are not a US citizen, you need permission to return to the United States after traveling abroad. This permission is granted through a travel document. LABC can help you obtaining your Travel Documents.
A travel document for a non-US citizen who legally resides in the US and has a Green Card. It takes 4 to 10 months to obtain a travel passport. The total cost is $490.00
A travel document for a non-US citizen who legally resides in the US and has a White Card. It takes 4 to 10 months to obtain an advance parole. The total cost is $490.00
Please provide LABC with the following paper work in order to file for Travel Documents:
- Application for travel document. The application must be properly completed and signed.
- Two recent 2-by-2 inch passport size photographs.
- A copy of the document verifying your immigration status in the USA (Green Card or White Card). If you don’t have a Green Card or White Card, please provide a copy of any document issued to you by USCIS or INS showing your present status in the United State . Please attach a copy of both sides of the document.
- Your old travel document, if you have obtained one in the past.
- A copy of your Social Security Card.
- A copy of your valid Driver’s license, ID Card, or a National Passport.
- One payment check or money order payable to LABC for the amount of $490.00.
- Pre-paid FedEx air bill (or add $20.00 to cover FedEx charges).
- An explanation or other evidence demonstrating the circumstances that warrant issuance of Advance Parole. (Please attach only if filing for Advance Parole).
- If the alien is basing his or her eligibility for Advance Parole on a separate application for adjustment of status or asylum, he must also attach a copy of the filing receipt for that application. (Please attach only if filing for Advance Parole).
- If the alien is traveling to Canada to apply for an immigration visa, he or she must also attach a copy of the consular appointment. (Please attach only if filing for Advance Parole).